Software Consultant (m/f)
THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED
We are searching for a full-time "Software Consultant (m/f)" to join our client on a permanent basis in Munich. Our client is a full-service technology consulting firm, supplying state of the art solutions and innovative ideas across several industry sectors (just to name a few: automotive, banking, telecommunications, aerospace/defence, R&D, e-commerce, ...). You will be working mostly at customer sites where you are supporting implemented solutions, roll-out new ideas and provide technical analysis as well as be the technical first point of contact.
Location: Munich area, Germany
Considering the versatility of customers and different projects, this position requires an excitement in learning about different customers from a variety of markets and in assisting them with their unique challenges. You should display a keen interest on the big picture but also motivation to "zoom-in" at a deeper technical (lower) level. Assignments in this area include the whole software development cycle: from the first concept -> proof of concept -> business analysis to architecture -> implementation -> testing and integration -> roll-out and maintenance (code review/re-factoring/verification). You might also consult the client during the implementation of a new software development process (such as agile methods and techniques) and communicate best practices and conduct instruction courses for customers. You will be working in cross-functional teams and benefit from the deep knowledge pool of your fellow team members.
This position requires that you:
- possess good knowledge of Java/J2EE technologies (core API, EJB, Servlets, Spring/Hibernate)
- familiar with the complete software life cycle, agile development & continuous integration (Scrum/Kanban)
- familiarity with JIRA (and Atlassian Greenhopper) would be a plus
- you have a university or similar academic background in a technical subject
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Structured and methodical thinking
- You are prepared to learn about the requirements of clients and get an understanding of their industry
- You are a team player
- You are self-motivated and possess superb analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Your command of the German and English language is excellent